Thursday, 29 October 2009
I wish I could use my feelings to describe the images we see in Skippers: I just love the mountains surrounding Queenstown and the Canyon in Spring. They are still lightly covered in snow and form seemingly a connection to the snow-white clouds that hang over them. The sun shines onto the mountains and highlights all the little gorges that mark them.
After a few days of dryness, the Shotover River amazes us by his turquoise color which literally lightens up the river bed in which it has been flowing for so many years now. One can only imagine how it must have been for the goldminers to stand in this icy water, searching for their luck...
Spring in Skippers feels as if the canyon just waited for us to awake again and to marvel at it. All bushes and trees slowly come back to life and add their green touch to the stone-grey underlying color of the canyon. Skippers Canyon in Spring is just spectacular and paying a visit to it is most certainly one of the things to do in Queenstown.
- ► 2012 (13)
- ► 2011 (28)
- Just Spectacular
- Traffic on this Mountain Road
- Skippers and Conservation
- "Stunning" and "Breathtaking" get a New Meaning
- Live Sheep Mustering in Skippers
- A little bit of History: Life at Skippers
- It is not only our Love Affair
- From Brisbane to Skippers
- A little bit of History: Gold at Skippers
- Frommer's Guide and Comments on TripAdvisor about ...
- Another Day in Paradise
- ▼ October (11)