Our usual spot for offering those refreshments are at Skippers Point. Our customers can visit the restored Schoolhouse (which is now converted into a museum) while we prepare the picnic. On the odd occasion, we do our picnic at other places.
Once, we had our afternoon picnic at the Welcome Home Pub. A lovely spot: sheltered from wind and right next to the remains of the pub that used to be one of the places where people went to enjoy a drink. Today, only the chimney is visible. The Welcome Home Pub or Welcome Home Inn, as it was called earlier, was twice destroyed by fire during its lifetime. The hotel was the first in the area and was built by John McArthur in 1863. In 1889, a fire destroyed the site completely. It was re-built on its current location, again destroyed by fire in the 1930's, rebuilt, and finally demolished in 1951.